-- First Birthday
-- Girl's Cakes
-- Boy's Cakes
-- Cakes for All
-- Engagement &
-- Cakes for All
Cake Storage and Shelf Life
Edible images and sugar modelling
Cake Stand Hire
All Shapes & Slices Cake Co was set up in 2007 by Sue Pridie who has over 18 years of experience in cake making. All Shapes & Slices provides a totally bespoke cake making service to Kent and the South East. Supplying contemporary wedding cakes to compliment your Kent wedding venue and the mood of your special day. Other wedding cakes include cupcake towers, chocolate wedding cakes, cheese wedding cakes using locally sourced cheese from Kent. Also supplying throughout Kent: birthday cakes, novelty cakes, cupcake towers, christening cakes and a large range of cake and cupcake stands for hire.
The cakes on my website are a gallery of my work rather than a catalogue of cakes. I offer a totally bespoke service and can make almost anything you require in sugar. If you do like a particular design on the website that is no problem and you can change colours etc if you wish just let me know your requirements.
For novelty cakes I cannot advise exact dimensions as each cake is hand crafted to order. My cakes carry a great impact and my portion guide is for generous portions rather than party slices. I have never had negative feedback in regard to cake portions.
Most cakes can be made larger or smaller to cater for your needs, please contact me to see if this is possible for the design you require.
- I can make gluten free cakes. I can obtain eggless cakes and decorate them to your requirements. Please contact me to discuss.
- My madeira sponge and chocolate cakes do not have nuts as an ingredient but there may be nut traces present.
- My fruit cake contains nuts and alcohol.
- My cakes are made with vegetable fats and contain dairy products.
- I do not currently bake dairy free or egg free cakes.
- Cakes should be stored in a cool dark place on a flat sturdy surface in the box supplied.
- Never put your cake in a fridge. The icing will sweat and the colours will run when the cake returns to room temperature.
- Madeira sponge and chocolate cake will keep for one week after collection.
- Fruitcake will last well for months but not years.
Most of my boards are ribbon edged and some cakes contain wooden or plastic cake dowels to support their structure. All ribbons and dowels should be removed prior to serving. Sugar models and heavy items (e.g. sugar bows) are often held in place with dry spaghetti, this is totally edible but may be a little crunchy!
- Edible images can be put on almost any cake, I use these largely for graphics but I can also make edible photo cakes and cupcakes
- I can scan and print any photograph or image. Whenever an image is scanned and printed onto edible paper the quality deteriorates so please try to give me the best quality pictures you can, preferably in digital format.
- If you wish to supply a digital picture, I can only accept jpg images through e-mail or on a disc.
- Hand made sugar models (i.e. shoes and people) can be kept indefinitely. I would recommend storing them in a dark dry place to avoid colours fading.
- I require at least 5 working days notice (occasionally 3) on all cakes ordered. I can get booked up weeks ahead though so I would suggest ordering your cake early to avoid disappointment.
- If you know the date but are unsure of the cake them you can 'save the date' with me by forwarding a non refundable deposit of £10.
- Please check your order thoroughly before payment. For bespoke cakes, I can only create the finished article from what I interpret from the wording of your order. It is not possible to create exact specifications when modeling food, just a graphical representation.
- If an inscription colour or any other choice is left un-selected on your order then I reserve the right to use my own discretion.
- I reserve the right to update and change my terms and conditions as and when required.
All prices quoted are for 3 days hire. A deposit is required for each stand hired, this will be refunded upon return of the stand in the same condition as it was hired. Any damage or scratches will forfeit the deposit paid. The hire price and deposit are payable at the start of the hire period.
'Department 56' stands (ceramic shoe cake stands) are collectors items imported from the USA and a £100 deposit is required to hire these stands, the deposit will be refunded upon return of the stand in the same condition as it was hired. These stands will be hired in their original packaging for maximum protection against damage and should be returned in the same packaging. Any damage or scratches to the stand will forfeit the deposit paid. The hire price and deposit are payable at the start of the hire period.
Stands cannot be posted, collection only.
If you can't see the stand you're after, contact us and we will see if we can get it for you.
Keep away from babies and children, for adult use only. All children's birthday cakes ordered come with free standard candles and matches. Candles can be posted, please allow 3 days from confirmation of dispatch.
- A deposit is payable at the time of booking to secure the order. If no deposit is received within 7 days of placing your order the booking will be cancelled
- For wedding cakes the balance is payable 2 weeks prior to delivery/collection.
- For all other cakes the balance is payable at the time of delivery / collection.
- I currently only accept cash, cheques or Paypal as means of payment. Cheques are to be made payable to 'Sue Pridie' please and Paypal payments should be sent to 'email@example.com'. If paying the balance of your order by Paypal I must be in receipt of the payment into my Paypal account before I can release a cake.
- I cannot release any cakes unless I am in receipt of full payment.
- On cake prices up to £50 a £20 deposit is required
- On cake prices over £50 a 50% deposit is required
- On wedding cakes a £100 deposit is required
- I can deliver cakes within a 5 mile radius of my address (subject to my availability to do so) and can set up elaborate cakes and wedding cakes at your venue - please supply the full address including postcode and a contact name and number at the venue when ordering.
- Delivery outside of the 5 mile radius area may be possible but will incur a charge. Please contact me to see if this is possible.
- I do not use couriers to deliver cakes but you may arrange your own courier or taxi to collect your cake. Once a cake is handed to a courier or taxi driver I cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage that may occur.
- Cake stand hire is a collection only service unless you are ordering a cake from me too.
- Due to the location of my property I am often unable to use my vehicle in snow or icy weather. In this instance I will give you as much notice as I possibly can for you to arrange collection of your order. Your delivery charge will be refunded in full.
- Should my vehicle be out of action I will endeavour to make alternative arrangements for wedding cake and long distance deliveries, orders within 5 mile radius will need to be collected from my address.
- The deposit paid is non refundable should you cancel your order.
- Once your wedding cake balance is paid 2 weeks prior to collection/delivery then that amount is non refundable should you wish to cancel your order.
- I reserve the right to cancel an order should I feel that I am being prevented from producing the cake to the best of my abilities (i.e. withholding decorations required to be applied by me, requesting delivery or set up to a destination that may impair the cakes condition). Your deposit will be refunded (minus any costs incurred to that stage).
- Aggressive, abusive or threating behaviour will result in immediate cancellation of an order.
- Should you be remotely unhappy with any aspect of your cake the please give me the opportunity to rectify the problem within one hour of accepting your cake.
- Corrections and repairs to cakes, including inscription mistakes, can be corrected at the time of collection.
- I would take a complaint very seriously. Some complaints may require further investigation and an immediate refund may not always be possible.
- Cakes, or part of cakes, must be returned within three days to ensure that I can fairly assess the nature of the complaint.
- The maximum refund I can offer is the value of the cake and delivery. Further compensation is not available. The cake must be returned uncut for any compensation to be considered.
- Should you be unhappy with your wedding cake you must make reasonable efforts to contact me after delivery. I am unable to discuss any complaint once the cake has been cut and consumed.
- Aggressive, abusive or threating behaviour will not be tolerated.
James the Entertainer
Fantastic childrens party entertainer, based in Kent
DNA Kids Parties
Excellent childrens party entertainment company, their beach theme party is second to none. Based in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, covers the South East
Wedding Photography by Simon Earwicker
Professional wedding photographer whose fun and energetic approach results in beautifully natural and relaxed photographs. Based in Orpington, Kent
James & James Wedding Car Hire
Professional wedding car hire, family business with a large range of cars available. Based in Orpington, Kent
Comprehensive online guide to wedding suppliers and services.
Energetic music based parties and classes for toddlers and young children, based in the Bromley and Sevenoaks areas.
Mini Moi Events
Bespoke events company specialising in events for children, based in Sevenoaks, Kent
Penelope Fit Stop Personal Training
Fun Personal training in your own home, Outdoor group workouts for all abilities, Pre & Post Natal classes, based in Petts Wood, Kent
Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers based in Kent.